Sign up for Data Mesh Understanding’s free roundtable and introduction programs here: https://landing.datameshunderstanding.com/
Please Rate and Review us on your podcast app of choice!
If you want to be a guest or give feedback (suggestions for topics, comments, etc.), please see here
Episode list and links to all available episode transcripts (most interviews from #32 on) here
Provided as a free resource by Data Mesh Understanding / Scott Hirleman. Get in touch with Scott on LinkedIn if you want to chat data mesh.
Important points to consider about being a data driven organization:
- If your execs can’t envision what would change if the organization were significantly better at data, you have some work on your hands at understanding their challenges first and then also evangelizing
- Your domains should be leaning in and understand what being data driven means for their domain specifically. If they aren’t you won’t be able to really help them move forward. You can’t drag a team to being data-driven.
- Your execs should be aligned on what being data driven means for the organization, especially at the macro level – how does it all fit together instead of highly competent data silos? How do we focus on incremental value delivery via concrete use cases?
- You should absolutely make sure your data strategy and your vision of the data driven organization ties to the actual business strategy and supports crucial priorities.
- You need to make sure you have – or can build – a test and learn culture. If not, can you really be data driven?
Data Mesh Radio is hosted by Scott Hirleman. If you want to connect with Scott, reach out to him at community at datameshlearning.com or on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotthirleman/
If you want to learn more and/or join the Data Mesh Learning Community, see here: https://datameshlearning.com/community/