Sponsored by NextData, Zhamak’s company that is helping ease data product creation.
For more great content from Zhamak, check out her book on data mesh, a book she collaborated on, her LinkedIn, and her Twitter.
- People are seeing early value from data mesh but we can see where it could be a much greater amount but we are still held back by the organizational challenges and even more by the tooling.
- In many cases, the tooling isn’t good enough yet to change developer behavior – if we remove friction, they will likely want to lean in more on data mesh.
- We have to find catalysts at the micro level in data mesh to make massive shift at the macro level. We can’t try to change everything through pure force of organizational will. But we haven’t found these catalysts yet.
- It’s easy to get lost in the vastness of change in a data transformation around data mesh. Try to focus more at the micro with a goal of creating cascading reactions to drive the macro.
- We need to make mesh data products the first class primitives of information sharing – make them the basic building block of how we create our internal data/AI ecosystem.
Please Rate and Review us on your podcast app of choice!
If you want to be a guest or give feedback (suggestions for topics, comments, etc.), please see here
Data Mesh Radio episode list and links to all available episode transcripts here.
Provided as a free resource by Data Mesh Understanding / Scott Hirleman. Get in touch with Scott on LinkedIn if you want to chat data mesh.
If you want to learn more and/or join the Data Mesh Learning Community, see here: https://datameshlearning.com/community/
All music used this episode was found on PixaBay and was created by (including slight edits by Scott Hirleman): Lesfm, MondayHopes, SergeQuadrado, ItsWatR, Lexin_Music, and/or nevesf