Sign up for Data Mesh Understanding’s free roundtable and introduction programs here: https://landing.datameshunderstanding.com/
Sponsored by NextData, Zhamak’s company that is helping ease data product creation.
- We should be thinking about how we can get out of the batch mode into the streaming mode. Yes, technologically but also think about
- How can we get to making decisions based on smaller amounts of data more frequently – both automated systems like AI but also for our people. Instead of making adjustments or decisions based on big batches of data, we can make smaller course corrections.
- “Data mesh is about building responsibility into data and the quality of the data you share and being explicit about that quality.”
- Make the cost of mistakes that much smaller by creating smaller decisions that add up to the bigger decisions – it’s not one giant leap, it’s many steps that can avoid more hazards as you come across them.
- “Make decisions at the speed of the market” is crucial to being nimble, being able to react to opportunities or new challenges. To do that, we need to put data in the hands of those closest to the market, the domains.
Please Rate and Review us on your podcast app of choice!
If you want to be a guest or give feedback (suggestions for topics, comments, etc.), please see here
Data Mesh Radio episode list and links to all available episode transcripts here.
Provided as a free resource by Data Mesh Understanding / Scott Hirleman. Get in touch with Scott on LinkedIn if you want to chat data mesh.
If you want to learn more and/or join the Data Mesh Learning Community, see here: https://datameshlearning.com/community/